onsdag 11 september 2013

I dont need a PB!

Hi guys!

It is funny how long it takes for me to actually follow the advice I give to others! I have heard myself say to others for the longest time that they have to strive towards improving their mechanics before they begin striving towards adding weight to their PB's!  The thought being that we are trying to increase the ability to move weight and ourselves in an efficient manner - before we begin trying to push the boundaries of how much weight we can put on the bar!
This is also why I am not particularly interested in what 1 rep max the athletes I coach have.  I am however interested in their 3-5 rep max!  The capacity to actually work with a weight will help you more as a crossfitter than an insane 1 rep max capacity and no ability to string good reps together!

The funny thing is that I have not listened to this fantastic insight when it comes to my own training!  I have chased ever increasing weights in every workout that had a strength component, and felt an ever increasing frustration that I have not been adding substantial amounts of weight to my lifts!

Now that I have realized that I have neglected to pay attention to my own advice, I have decide to stop paying attention to the weight on the bar, and instead focus on improving my technique! First and foremost result of this is that I am happier and much more focused in my workouts!  I have a clear goal in my workouts, and the stress of putting up bigger numbers is gone!  When I can manage a weight with solid mechanics I will allow myself to move on to a heavier weight, but until then I am content to improve my technique!


I honestly think that this is the way forward for me - do you think it would work for you?

much love

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar